Composite Dental Fillings
If you have a cavity that is not easily visible or is not causing you any discomfort, you may be tempted to put off your visit with our dentists. But eventually, that cavity can become painful and infected and could even lead to an extraction. Before that becomes necessary, call Advocate Dental of Palatine at 847-359-8732 and schedule an appointment for a composite dental filling in Palatine, Illinois, with Dr. George Skoog.
Traditionally, dental fillings have been made of silver amalgam. However, our dental office uses only composite, or tooth-colored, filling material. Our dentists and team have chosen to use composite filling materials in order to provide you with a more natural-looking result and to promote better long-term oral health. There are many benefits to composite fillings, including:
- Material that bonds to your tooth to provide more support for the tooth’s structural integrity
- Reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- Insulation from temperature changes caused by foods and beverages
- Better seals around the edges of the damaged area, increasing the tooth’s resistance to decay and leaks
- The ability to correct cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings to repair
- Fillings that can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth
- No mercury or other metals are used, making the filling safer
When you receive a composite dental filling, our dentists will carefully select a filling that matches your natural tooth color to give you a more beautiful and healthier-looking smile. Fillings can usually be placed in a single appointment.
For more information about composite dental fillings and to make an appointment with our dentists, contact our office today.
Dr. Skoog is very dedicated to his work and the well-being of his patients. On two different circumstances he was able to squeeze me in when he had a fully booked day. He is very good with understanding a patient’s apprehension of dentists. 🙂
So appreciative to Dr. Skoog for taking care of my husband’s terrible toothache during the holiday season. We are not patients of Dr. Skoog as we live out of state. He stayed late on a Saturday to alleviate my husband’s pain. We can’t thank him enough! Highly recommend.
Great care! The office is usually on time or early. Dr Skoog is very good and offers a lot of services eliminating the need to go to multiple providers which saves time. All staff is professional and friendly as well they make you feel like your their close friend.